The bright and crisp brilliance of Yellow Sapphire stone is not only mesmerizing but also charismatic. This amazing gemstone is available in myriad colors ranging from pale to deep yellow. There’s nothing as enchanting as a flawless Yellow Sapphire studded in a beautiful jewel. But, choosing the right jewelry is never an easy task. You need to ascertain the authenticity of gemstone and quality of metal in which it is encrusted. Here are some tips that may help:
- Color of the Gem: It is needless to say that color is the first thing that you notice in a gemstone. When looking to buy Yellow Sapphire jewelry, you must carefully check the tone and saturation of color in the gemstone. Preferably, go for a vibrant canary yellow with a medium to deep saturation.
- Clarity of the Gem: The natural and untreated Yellow Sapphire is deemed to be the Type I gemstone. It is usually free from inclusions that may diminish its value. But, if you find a flawless stone at extremely low prices, consider it a red flag because this can be glass or synthetic imitation of the real stone.
- Cut of the Gem: Sapphire is a wonderful stone that can be cut in any shape including traditional oval, round, or cushion. You can also find natural Yellow Sapphire ring in a fancy cut like pear, trillion, triangle, or heart. Choose the right cut that reflects the perfect light and aura.
- Carat Weight of the Gem: Like any other gem, Yellow Sapphire’s value is also determined by its carat weight. It can be hard to find large sapphires because they are extremely rare and pricey. The stones above 5 carats of weight carry a higher price tag than the lighter stones.
- Origin of the Gem: When you are looking to buy an authentic Yellow Sapphire online, it is important to ask about the origin of this gem. Typically, Yellow Sapphires are found in the regions of Thailand, Australia, Tanzania, and Madagascar. But Sri Lanka is the main source of this gemstone. So, prefer Ceylonese Yellow Sapphire for your jewelry.
- Durability and Strength of the Gem: After the diamonds, Yellow Sapphire is the strongest and hardest gemstone having a rating of 9 on the Mohs scale of hardness. Therefore, it is selected for making beautiful jewels like rings, bracelets, and pendants. Remember, Yellow Sapphire or Pukhraj stone price can be slightly higher for high-quality gems.
- Heat Treatment of the Gem: To enhance the color of Yellow Sapphire, traditional heating methods may be used. This treatment makes permanent changes to the composition of the stone. But you should buy natural and untreated stones for their spectacular beauty and immense metaphysical benefits.
- Price of the Jewelry: Sometimes, when buying gemstone jewelry, you may be put off by the Yellow Sapphire stone price which is typically on a higher side. To remain within your budget, refine your choices and compare the prices at various stores until you get the right jewelry at the right price. GemPundit can be a great starting point for you. On their online gemstone store, you can find a huge collection of natural Yellow Sapphire in various price range. So, you can easily choose the one that fits your budget without taking the hassle to roam shop to shop.
- Metal used in the Jewelry: The choice of metal used in the jewelry depends on the shade of the gem. Pastel shades of yellow look better on white gold, sterling silver, and platinum while richer hues go well with darker metals like gold.
- Properties of the Gem: Gemstone jewelry is not only a beautiful addition to your wardrobe but also a symbol of good luck and fortunes. When buying yellow sapphire, you must know about its properties and benefits to wear accordingly.
These are the top 10 things to be considered before you buy yellow sapphire jewelry from an online store like gempundit.com.